12 September 2005

House buying

OK, I know it's been 2 months since my last post, so for the 2-3 people who read this I have been busy buying a house.
I had no idea the amount of work it takes to purchase a property. The hills and valleys of we got approved, we need this to get approved, will the house appraise good, it's a very stressful event. I don't remember my parents going through all of this, but they were pretty good about not showing too much stress in front of us kids.
So we expect to close on our new townhome on 23 September. 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath, 1325 sq feet. Of course this is in Hawaii so the price is astronomical. I am excited about owning our first house which essentially puts us in extreme debt...mixed emotions.
We started the purchase before the Katrina disaster. Now here we are buying a fairly decent house while the lives of people in other places are completely destroyed. It's hard to feel thankful for the blessings of our lives, when I also feel guilty about those who are left without.
Thank you God for all you have provided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home