06 May 2007

Day Three


Rockin and Rollin

We're starting to hit some heavy weather. People who have not been on a ship during rough weather have a hard time understanding how it would be like. Just imagine taking your workplace and then randomly rotating it upwards of 20 degrees either to the left or to the right. Everything must be tied down. Sailors learn this lesson fast. Chairs go sliding across the room, equipment and paper could go flying everywhere. My mouse slid off my desk and on the floor (thank god it didn't break, it's hard to get spare parts here.

Luckily I have never been one to get sea sick. It's a pretty Big annoyance. Typing at the computer and then having to stop to hang on for my life. Walking down passageways are interesting. Everyone looks like a bunch of pin balls being flung from one wall to the next. Our racks (beds) have straps in them to keep us from falling out, I'm sure I'll be using mine tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home